The Harmony Cloning Kit is designed for efficient cloning of one or more DNA fragments into any stable vector. PCR amplified DNA fragments designed with 15 base pairs of homology to the vector are fused together by homologous recombination. This process is quick and easy as reactions take place in the provided tube on ice and then transformed directly into competent bacterial cells. This allows for seamless constructs with correct orientation and has the flexibility to modify, add or remove restriction sites if needed. The Harmony Cloning Kit can be stored at -20ºC for up to 3 months.
- Flexible. Clone any insert into any vector.
- Cloning made easy. Incubate reactions on ice.
- Efficient. Ability to clone multiple DNA fragments into any vector in one tube.
- Seamless constructs. Get the final construct without any extra bases.
NOTE: Not compatible with highly unstable vectors.
REAGENTS REQUIRED BUT NOT PROVIDED
- DNA polymerase (for PCR amplification)
- Chemically competent cells
- SOC medium
- Ready-to-use Harmony mix 100 x 1 µL tubes. Store at -20ºC
- Control Insert and Control Vector