Category: Purification & Detection
Fluorescein Streptavidin is intended to be used in western blot, ELISA and IHC to detect biotin labelled
proteins. Streptavidin is conjugated with fluorescein at optimal condition to allow high sensitivity and an
excellent signal-to-noise ratio.
• High sensitivity
• Excellent signal to noise ratio
• Extremely high affinity for biotin
• Highly purified and possesses very low non specific binding properties
• Has an optimal fluorochrome to protein ratio
• Can provide greater sensitivity and lower background staining compared to conventional primary
and secondary fluorescent techniques
• Excitation maximum at 495 nm
• Emission maximum at about 515 nm
• Color: Green
Recommended for routine immunofluorescence applications. The recommended range of concentrations
for staining of cells or tissues is 5-30 µg/ml.
For diluting this product, we recommend a HEPES, bicarbonate or phosphate buffered saline solution,
approximately pH 8.2. Do not use RPMI-1640 or other biotin containing solutions as diluents. Serum also
can contain biotin and should not be added to diluents.
Store at 2° - 8ºC